The Space industry met in Bremen at the start of October
More experts from industry, research and space agencies met than ever before at the 69th International Astronautical Congress (IAC 2018) at Messe Bremen and the Congress Centrum Bremen.
Antycip Simulation had a team there, to meet many of the over six thousand visitors, from more than 60 nations and to attend the program and lectures.
The congress is a great opportunity to showcase how important the space industry is. However, as Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair of the Executive Board of the German Aerospace Center said:
“No one could manage the projects alone, only with international cooperation can the major projects be successfully realised”
With this idea in mind Antycip Simulation was there with close partner AGI and met with the European and wider global space community to discuss current and future project requirements.
Quentin Blancheri, key account manager at Antycip added, after attending AGI’s breakfast meeting at IAC with Dan Oltrogge, Senior Research Astrodynamicist with AGI’s Centre for Space Standards and Innovation:
“IAC is the ideal platform for interdisciplinary networking – this exchange between company representatives, engineers and scientists makes a significant contribution to our progress and expertise”
The IAC was particularly interesting for Antycip as we got to meet customers and to work in close partnership with AGI’s experts, on their new products launched in Europe:
- MPT: Maneuver Processing Tool is an ODTK plugin that automatically characterises non-co-operative maneuvers. MPT enables orbit analysts who encounter non-cooperative maneuvers to quickly determine the maneuver characteristics, maintaining track custody of the space object and informing operations.
- SOTA: Space Object Threat Assessment decreases risk to satellite missions and increases survivability against threats by assessing a space object’s vulnerability to another object’s actions or events
- SEG: Space Event Generator is used for producing space ephemeris and observations for simulated space objects. SEG contains an assortment of different events that simulate different operations in orbit from single object maneuvers to complex events involving the interaction of many objects such as intercept or debris events.
- Voyager is an interactive mission design tool that helps analysts plan, examine, and evaluate missions that include an inspector spacecraft operating near and around another spacecraft or resident space object.
- STK SOLIS provides a complete spacecraft simulation environment in STK for satellite attitude control design, test, and deployment.
Demonstrations of these products and of the latest features of STK ran throughout the week, attracting some of the biggest actors in the Space industry.
Many prominent representatives of the scene took part, including Airbus CEO Tom Enders, and the heads of major space agencies such as NASA were speaking.
To learn more about this event, please contact your Antycip Simulation account manager, email our French office on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local Antycip Simulation office.